Benefits of the H-1B Visa for Foreign Workers
The H-1B Visa has broad requirements associated with qualifying for this visa. It requires much more common skills and experience for eligibility.
The H-1B Visa is the most popular long-term work visa in the U.S. It benefits not only foreign professionals and also U.S.employers.
The H-1B Visa is popular because it has broad requirements associated with qualifying for this visa. Unlike many other working visas which have much more restrictive requirements, such as substantial investment, prior working experience for an overseas employer, or being at the very top of your field, the H-1B requires much more common skills and experience for eligibility, including:
- an undergraduate or a master's degree related to the position,
- a job offer for a specialty position with a U.S. company that requires a bachelor's degree as a minimum qualification.
Finding an employer that has a job opening available for a position related to your educational background may not be easy, but compared to visa requirements like E-2, or L-1, it's pretty simple.
- The H-1B Visa allows holders to stay for three years initially and can easily be extended.
- Holders of H-1B visas can transfer their status from one company to another while they're in the U.S. They can also work part-time for several companies at the same time.
- H-1B Visa holders can bring their spouse and children over as dependents under the H4 visa.
- The H-1B is a ‘dual intent’ visa, which allows the H-1B visa holder to also be applying for a green card while in H-1B status.
Check your eligibility for US visas with instant results here.
Continue following this series below: