Northwest Territories Employer Driven Stream-Entry -Skilled Worker Express Entry
The Northwest Territories Employer Driven Stream-Skilled Worker Express Entry program allows the Northwest Territories to use the federal Express Entry immigration selection system to help address labour market shortages through the recruitment of foreign nationals.
The Northwest Territories Express Entry stream provides a pathway to permanent residence for candidates in the Express Entry pool with a job offer from a Northwest Territories employer. It is a stream of the Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP).
Applicants must be eligible for at least one of three federal Economic programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker
- Canadian Experience Class
- Federal Skilled Trades
Connection to Northwest Territories
The majority of applications accepted to this stream are from temporary foreign workers in the Northwest Territories. Applicants working in the Northwest Territories must demonstrate that they have legal status to work in Canada. Under exceptional circumstances, the Northwest Territories might accept an application from a candidate living abroad.
Candidates must have a full-time, permanent job offer from a Northwest Territories employer. The job offer must be at National Occupational Classification (NOC) TEER 0, 1, 2, 3
Level of Education
All candidates must have sufficient education or specialization to perform the job offer they have received.
Candidates must have at least one year of full-time experience in the same occupation as the job offer they have received.
Job Offer Requirements
The employer must offer the foreign national a full-time, permanent job with a comparable industry and occupation salary that does not conflict with any collective bargaining agreements.
Employers hoping to successfully nominate a skilled foreign worker must either be a registered and operational Northwest Territories business for at least one year, or a municipal, First Nations or territorial government of the Northwest Territories. Employers must have maintained good standing with the Northwest Territories’ Workers’ Safety and Compensation Commision as well as the territory’s Employment Standards office. These standings will be verified by the Department of Education, Culture and Employment.
Employers will be required to submit a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), or, if nominating a candidate with an open work permit without submitting an LMIA, must prove they have advertised the open position both locally and nationally. They will also be required to provide a summary of all applicants and the reasons for refusing their application if an offer has been extended to the foreign national without an LMIA.
Candidates in the Express Entry pool with a job offer from a Northwest Territories employer can apply for this program
Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) and How it works
The Federal Government of Canada has entered into bilateral agreements with provinces and territories (except Quebec and Nunavut) to allow the provinces and territories to nominate individuals for permanent residence based on the provinces' assessment of the nominees' ability to contribute to the economic growth and development of those provinces.
Each province and territory has its own “streams” (immigration programs that target certain groups) and requirements, selecting applicants that
- have the skills, education and work experience to contribute to the economy of a specific province or territory
- want to live in that province, and
- want to become permanent residents of Canada
To obtain permanent residence via Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), you must go through two steps:
- You must decide where you want to live in Canada and apply to that province or territory for a stream that you're eligible for. SuperVisas can help you with it in this application.
- After a province or territory nominates you, you must apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for permanent residence. The IRCC, a federal agency, will assess your application based on Canadian immigration law. If you have already obtained your nomination from a province or territory, please go to our program: Permanent Residence – Provincial Nominee Class.
Answer a few questions to find out if you'll be able to apply under Provincial Nominee Program.
Based on your answers, we will tell you what programs you may be eligible for, so be as accurate as you can.
Services provided by SuperVisas and its Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs):
- assess your qualifications for the Provincial Nominee Program.
- provide your with a checklist of information and documents required in support of your application.
- guide your through the process of obtaining required documents such as medical and security clearances.
- complete the application forms to ensure that they best show your qualifications.
- review your application package including application forms, supporting documents and Canadian Government processing fees.
- guide, provide editing comments with regard to your application.
- submit your complete application package to the Canadian government.
- communicate any government request to you and assist you in responding to any government request.
- communicate the result of your application from the government.
How It Works
- 1Create An Account
Do an eligibility check, or pick a visa, or just sign up directly to create an account. Then you can see all the documents needed, questions you must answer, and fee payments for our services and to the government. If you have any questions, it is easy to contact our sales team or to schedule a call.
- 2Eligibility Confirmation Before Payment
First you will answer a few questions to ensure you are eligible for the visa. Only if you are eligible will the payment unlock. Making payment assigns an immigration lawyer or regulated consultant to your application. We are transparent in our process and pricing, and clearly list all the fees and processing times for your visa. Read our Transparency Pledge. We use Stripe for credit or debit card payment processing, which is secure and encrypted.
- 3Complete Your Application Online
You can complete as many of the application tasks you wish before payment. Take your time. Some visas require a lot of information, which requires answering questionnaires and uploading of documents. Our system ensures everything necessary is gathered depending on your situation - preventing errors and omissions - and saving you time.
- 4Visa Preparation and Submission
Once all the tasks are completed, our experts will review your answers and start preparing your application so that the best case is best presented. Government fees are also due once the application is completed and we can correctly calculate the government fees due. After a final review by you, and by our experts, your application will be submitted! You will have peace of mind that only comes with an accurate application.
- 5Approval and Renewals
We notify you when your visa is approved! If there are any questions or rejections from the government, we will answer them and resubmit without any further fees from us. We securely store your immigration documents for 7 years and provide alerts well before any expiry dates. Renewing or taking the next step toward citizenship is easy when all your immigration history is in one place.
Some documents you will need to provide, and some documents we may prepare for you.
- Job Offer
- Proof of education-MB
- Proof of employment MB
- Proof of Immigration history and status MB
You might need the following documents based on your situation, or to enhance your application approval.
- Language - PR