Northwest Territories Employer Driven Stream -Skilled Worker
The Northwest Territories Employer Driven Stream-Skilled Worker program targets candidates who have received an offer of employment in a skilled position from an NWT employer.
With a high demand for skilled workers to fill shortages in northern Canada’s vast labour market, the Northwest Territories Skilled Worker stream grants provincial nomination to eligible NOC TEER 0, 1, 2, 3workers who express an intention to permanently resettle in the Northwest Territories.
Connection to Northwest Territories
The majority of applications accepted to this stream are from temporary foreign workers in the Northwest Territories. Applicants working in the Northwest Territories must demonstrate that they have legal status to work in Canada. Under exceptional circumstances, the Northwest Territories might accept an application from a candidate living abroad.
Candidates must have a full-time, permanent job offer from a Northwest Territories employer. The job offer must be at National Occupational Classification (NOC) TEER 0, 1, 2, 3
Candidates must submit language test results demonstrating language proficiency sufficient for the skill level of their job offer in either English or French. For positions classified as Skill Level 0 and A, candidates must demonstrate proficiency at Canadian language Benchmark (CLB) level 6 in all four language abilities. For positions classified as Skill Level B, must demonstrate proficiency at CLB level 5 in all four language abilities
Level of Education
All candidates must have sufficient education or specialization to perform the job offer they have received.
Candidates must have at least one year of full-time experience in the same occupation as the job offer they have received.
Job Offer Requirements
The employer must offer the foreign national a full-time, permanent job with a comparable industry and occupation salary that does not conflict with any collective bargaining agreements.
Employers hoping to successfully nominate a skilled foreign worker must either be a registered and operational Northwest Territories business for at least one year, or a municipal, First Nations or territorial government of the Northwest Territories. Employers must have maintained good standing with the Northwest Territories’ Workers’ Safety and Compensation Commision as well as the territory’s Employment Standards office. These standings will be verified by the Department of Education, Culture and Employment.
Employers will be required to submit a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), or, if nominating a candidate with an open work permit without submitting an LMIA, must prove they have advertised the open position both locally and nationally. They will also be required to provide a summary of all applicants and the reasons for refusing their application if an offer has been extended to the foreign national without an LMIA.
Advantages of Northwest Territories Employer Driven Stream-Entry -Skilled Worker Stream
- There is no minimum education requirement
Foreign nationals with a NOC TEER 0, 1, 2, 3 Job offer in northern Canada can apply for this program
Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) and How it works
The Federal Government of Canada has entered into bilateral agreements with provinces and territories (except Quebec and Nunavut) to allow the provinces and territories to nominate individuals for permanent residence based on the provinces' assessment of the nominees' ability to contribute to the economic growth and development of those provinces.
Each province and territory has its own “streams” (immigration programs that target certain groups) and requirements, selecting applicants that
- have the skills, education and work experience to contribute to the economy of a specific province or territory
- want to live in that province, and
- want to become permanent residents of Canada
To obtain permanent residence via Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), you must go through two steps:
- You must decide where you want to live in Canada and apply to that province or territory for a stream that you're eligible for. SuperVisas can help you with it in this application.
- After a province or territory nominates you, you must apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for permanent residence. The IRCC, a federal agency, will assess your application based on Canadian immigration law. If you have already obtained your nomination from a province or territory, please go to our program: Permanent Residence – Provincial Nominee Class.
Answer a few questions to find out if you'll be able to apply under Provincial Nominee Program.
Based on your answers, we will tell you what programs you may be eligible for, so be as accurate as you can.
Services provided by SuperVisas and its Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs):
- assess your qualifications for the Provincial Nominee Program.
- provide your with a checklist of information and documents required in support of your application.
- guide your through the process of obtaining required documents such as medical and security clearances.
- complete the application forms to ensure that they best show your qualifications.
- review your application package including application forms, supporting documents and Canadian Government processing fees.
- guide, provide editing comments with regard to your application.
- submit your complete application package to the Canadian government.
- communicate any government request to you and assist you in responding to any government request.
- communicate the result of your application from the government.
- Quick and easy online application
- Lower cost than traditional lawyers
- Peace of mind of expert review
- $1 million in application insurance
- Secure document storage
How It Works
- 1Create An Account
Create an account and either check your eligibility, or pick an application to start. We start by asking questions specific to the visa to ensure your eligibility. This can be quick and simple, such as for visitor visas, or may require entering multiple questionnaires. If you have any questions, there are no fees to contact our immigration experts by email, WeChat, WhatsApp or by booking a call.
- 2Confirmation Before Payment
Our immigration consultants will check your answers and double-check your profile to confirm you meet the minimum requirements of a program. Only if you are eligible will we move you to the payment stage. At this time you must pay the SuperVisas fee. We are transparent in our process and pricing, and clearly list all the fees and processing times for your visa. We use Stripe for credit or debit card payment processing, which is secure and encrypted. Government fees are paid later when the completed application is submitted and once we can correctly calculate the various government fees due. It can be complicated, but we guide you through the process.
- 3Complete Your Application Online
Now, you can finish your application. There will be some "tasks", or many, for you to complete depending on your visa, such as entering your education achievements, employment history and/or dependent information. This can take time and will require answering more questionnaires and uploading of documents. Our system ensures everything necessary is gathered depending on your specific situation - preventing errors and omissions - while at the same time saving you money. Our immigration experts prepare your application so that your case is best presented to the visa officers. After a final review by you, and by our experts, your application will be submitted! You will have peace of mind that only comes with a complete and accurate application.
- 4Approval and Renewals
We will notify you when your visa is approved! We securely store your immigration documents for 7 years and will provide you alerts well before any expiry dates. Renewing visas or taking the next step down the immigration pathway toward citizenship is easy when all your immigration history is in one place. We also understand that moving to a new country can be difficult and hard to navigate. If needed, we will provide guides and referrals to our affiliate partners to help.
You’ll need the following documents if you decide to apply to this visa.
- No document is required for this visa