New Brunswick Entrepreneurial Stream
The New Brunswick Entrepreneur Program is a business immigration program for experienced foreign entrepreneurs ready to establish or purchase for expansion, operate and actively manage a business while living and settling in New Brunswick permanently.
The New Brunswick Entrepreneurial stream is one of the streams of the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP), a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), operated by the province of New Brunswick. This stream is designed to target experienced business owners or senior business managers who want to live in New Brunswick.
Connection to New Brunswick
Only candidates who have an eligible connection to New Brunswick may submit an Expression of Interest to the New Brunswick Entrepreneurial stream. Candidates must have either visited New Brunswick for at least five business days within the last 24 months, or have participated in an Entrepreneurial Stream information session within the last 24 months to be eligible.
To be eligible for the New Brunswick Entrepreneurial Stream, all candidates must demonstrate language proficiency in English or French consistent with Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 5.
Level of Education
Candidates must have completed either an academic degree from a college or university that required at least three years of full-time study, or a diploma in a specific trade that required at least two years of full-time study.
Candidates must have sufficient work experience to demonstrate that they can successfully establish and run a business in New Brunswick. They must own at least one third (33.3%) of a business that they actively managed for at least three out of the last five years. The candidate must have been responsible for supervising at least two employees.
Candidates need to demonstrate that they have a minimum personal net worth of at least $600,000 CAD. At least $300,000 CAD of their net worth must be readily available and unencumbered. To succeed through this stream, the candidate will have to invest at least $250,000 CAD in the business that they establish and actively manage in New Brunswick.
Candidates must be between 22 and 55 years old on the day their application is received.
Points Assessment Grid
Candidates must score at least 65 points on the New Brunswick Entrepreneurial Stream Assessment Grid.
Applicants to the New Brunswick Entrepreneurial Stream must establish a new business or purchase an existing business in New Brunswick. In either case, the candidate must own at least one third (33.3%) of the business and be actively involved in the management of the business. The business must be of economic benefit to the province of New Brunswick. It must be a private-sector, for-profit business. The business must also create at least two full-time jobs for Canadian permanent residents or citizens.
The advantages of New Brunswick Entrepreneurial Stream
- Language Proficiency requirement is as low as CLB5
Experienced entrepreneurs who are ready to establish, operate and actively manage a business while living and settling in New Brunswick permanently can apply for this program.
Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) and How it works
The Federal Government of Canada has entered into bilateral agreements with provinces and territories (except Quebec and Nunavut) to allow the provinces and territories to nominate individuals for permanent residence based on the provinces' assessment of the nominees' ability to contribute to the economic growth and development of those provinces.
Each province and territory has its own “streams” (immigration programs that target certain groups) and requirements, selecting applicants that
- have the skills, education and work experience to contribute to the economy of a specific province or territory
- want to live in that province, and
- want to become permanent residents of Canada
To obtain permanent residence via Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), you must go through two steps:
- You must decide where you want to live in Canada and apply to that province or territory for a stream that you're eligible for. SuperVisas can help you with it in this application.
- After a province or territory nominates you, you must apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for permanent residence. The IRCC, a federal agency, will assess your application based on Canadian immigration law. If you have already obtained your nomination from a province or territory, please go to our program: Permanent Residence – Provincial Nominee Class.
Answer a few questions to find out if you'll be able to apply under Provincial Nominee Program.
Based on your answers, we will tell you what programs you may be eligible for, so be as accurate as you can.
Services provided by SuperVisas and its Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs):
- assess your qualifications for the Provincial Nominee Program.
- provide your with a checklist of information and documents required in support of your application.
- guide your through the process of obtaining required documents such as medical and security clearances.
- complete the application forms to ensure that they best show your qualifications.
- review your application package including application forms, supporting documents and Canadian Government processing fees.
- guide, provide editing comments with regard to your application.
- submit your complete application package to the Canadian government.
- communicate any government request to you and assist you in responding to any government request.
- communicate the result of your application from the government.
- Quick and easy online application
- Lower cost than traditional lawyers
- Peace of mind of expert review
- $1 million in application insurance
- Secure document storage
How It Works
- 1Create An Account
Create an account and either check your eligibility, or pick an application to start. We start by asking questions specific to the visa to ensure your eligibility. This can be quick and simple, such as for visitor visas, or may require entering multiple questionnaires. If you have any questions, there are no fees to contact our immigration experts by email, WeChat, WhatsApp or by booking a call.
- 2Confirmation Before Payment
Our immigration consultants will check your answers and double-check your profile to confirm you meet the minimum requirements of a program. Only if you are eligible will we move you to the payment stage. At this time you must pay the SuperVisas fee. We are transparent in our process and pricing, and clearly list all the fees and processing times for your visa. We use Stripe for credit or debit card payment processing, which is secure and encrypted. Government fees are paid later when the completed application is submitted and once we can correctly calculate the various government fees due. It can be complicated, but we guide you through the process.
- 3Complete Your Application Online
Now, you can finish your application. There will be some "tasks", or many, for you to complete depending on your visa, such as entering your education achievements, employment history and/or dependent information. This can take time and will require answering more questionnaires and uploading of documents. Our system ensures everything necessary is gathered depending on your specific situation - preventing errors and omissions - while at the same time saving you money. Our immigration experts prepare your application so that your case is best presented to the visa officers. After a final review by you, and by our experts, your application will be submitted! You will have peace of mind that only comes with a complete and accurate application.
- 4Approval and Renewals
We will notify you when your visa is approved! We securely store your immigration documents for 7 years and will provide you alerts well before any expiry dates. Renewing visas or taking the next step down the immigration pathway toward citizenship is easy when all your immigration history is in one place. We also understand that moving to a new country can be difficult and hard to navigate. If needed, we will provide guides and referrals to our affiliate partners to help.
You’ll need the following documents if you decide to apply to this visa.
- No document is required for this visa