Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) - Global Talent Stream
The Global Talent Stream is a program that allows Canadian employers to hire highly skilled foreign workers in certain in-demand occupations more quickly and efficiently. It is a type of LMIA applications.
Do you need to quickly hire a highly-skilled foreign worker to expand your workforce in Canada? You might be eligible for the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) - Global Talent Stream (GTS)
The Global Talent Stream is a part of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program, made for companies in Canada that need to fill an in-demand highly-skilled position on the Global Talent Occupations List. If your job is not listed on the Global Talent Occupations List, you may need to consider other LMIA application.
The Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is a document that employers might have to use before hiring a foreign worker. This assessment tells an employer whether or not their foreign worker can be employed or if there are Canadian workers or permanent residents that can. A positive LMIA means that the employer can hire their foreign worker because there are no Canadian or permanent resident workers available. Once the employer receives the positive LMIA, the worker can apply for a work permit or permanent residence.
Please note that:
- The employer is always required to pay government processing fee for this LMIA application.
- Employer may use the LMIA to hire one or more foreign workers under the same job title.
Employers must develop a: Labour Market Benefits Plan, which shows their commitment to activities that will have a positive impact on the Canadian labour market.
Services provided by SuperVisas and its Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs):
- assess your qualifications for the Labour Market Impact Assessment and/or the Global Talent Stream Program.
- provide your with a checklist of information and documents required in support of your application.
- guide your through the process of obtaining required documents such as medical and security clearances.
- complete the application forms to ensure that they best show your qualifications.
- review your application package including application forms, supporting documents and Canadian Government processing fees.
- guide, provide editing comments with regard to your application.
- submit your complete application package to the Canadian government.
- communicate any government request to you and assist you in responding to any government request.
- communicate the result of your application from the government.
Now, answer a few questions to find out if you may apply for the LMIA / GTS to hire a foreign worker.
- Quick and easy online application
- Lower cost than traditional lawyers
- Peace of mind of expert review
- $1 million in application insurance
- Secure document storage
How It Works
- 1Create An Account
Create an account and either check your eligibility, or pick an application to start. We start by asking questions specific to the visa to ensure your eligibility. This can be quick and simple, such as for visitor visas, or may require entering multiple questionnaires. If you have any questions, there are no fees to contact our immigration experts by email, WeChat, WhatsApp or by booking a call.
- 2Confirmation Before Payment
Our immigration consultants will check your answers and double-check your profile to confirm you meet the minimum requirements of a program. Only if you are eligible will we move you to the payment stage. At this time you must pay the SuperVisas fee. We are transparent in our process and pricing, and clearly list all the fees and processing times for your visa. We use Stripe for credit or debit card payment processing, which is secure and encrypted. Government fees are paid later when the completed application is submitted and once we can correctly calculate the various government fees due. It can be complicated, but we guide you through the process.
- 3Complete Your Application Online
Now, you can finish your application. There will be some "tasks", or many, for you to complete depending on your visa, such as entering your education achievements, employment history and/or dependent information. This can take time and will require answering more questionnaires and uploading of documents. Our system ensures everything necessary is gathered depending on your specific situation - preventing errors and omissions - while at the same time saving you money. Our immigration experts prepare your application so that your case is best presented to the visa officers. After a final review by you, and by our experts, your application will be submitted! You will have peace of mind that only comes with a complete and accurate application.
- 4Approval and Renewals
We will notify you when your visa is approved! We securely store your immigration documents for 7 years and will provide you alerts well before any expiry dates. Renewing visas or taking the next step down the immigration pathway toward citizenship is easy when all your immigration history is in one place. We also understand that moving to a new country can be difficult and hard to navigate. If needed, we will provide guides and referrals to our affiliate partners to help.
You’ll need the following documents if you decide to apply to this visa.
- Ability to fulfill terms of the job offer
- Canadian Incorporation
- CV (résumé) of intended employee
- Job Offer
- Proof of Address
- Proof of Costal Trade
- Proof of Job Advertisement
- Proof of Providing a Good or Service