Saskatchewan - Farm Owner and Operator - Young Farmer Stream
The SINP Young Farmer Stream is a substream of the Farm Owners and Operators. This substream is for farmers under the age of 40 who wish to establish farms in Saskatchewan.
Saskatchewan - Farm Owner and Operator - Young Farmer Stream is one of the streams of the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP), a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), operated by the province of Saskatchewan.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria to Submit an EOI:
- Available Equity: You must provide financial documents that show a net worth of $500,000 (CAD).
- Refundable Cash Deposit: You must sign a Performance Agreement to purchase and actively operate a farm in Saskatchewan. You will also need to make a "good faith" deposit of $75,000 (CAD) in trust. The cash deposit will be returned when you have met the terms of the Performance Agreement. If you do not meet the terms within two years of being in Saskatchewan, the deposit will be paid to the Province.
- Mandatory visit to Saskatchewan: You must make an exploratory visit to Saskatchewan for at least five working days.
- Farm operation knowledge and experience: You must provide documentation that demonstrates you are an experienced farm operator. We may verify this further through an interview.
- A practical, well-thought-out proposal for a commercial Saskatchewan farming opportunity. (See Important Terms: Farm Proposal Viability).
Farm Owners and Operators - Young Farmer Stream
- Have a personal net worth of at least $300,000 (CAD).
- Have accumulated your net worth legally.
- Be under the age of 40 at the time of your application.
- Have at least three years experience in:
- Farm ownership.
- Farm management.
- Practical farming experience.
- Give a proposal for a commercial Saskatchewan farming opportunity. Your proposal should be based on research, consultations or formal coursework relevant to Saskatchewan agricultural conditions. Hobby farms do not qualify. The proposal should be a commercial project with an expectation of profit. In Saskatchewan, a qualified farming business must have a minimum of $10,000 CAD annual revenue.
- You or your spouse must have employment skills, based on education and experience, to supplement your farming income.
Advantages of Saskatchewan - Farm Owner and Operator - Young Farmer Stream
- Job Offer is not required
- No minimum requirement on Education nor Language
This stream is designed to target experienced farm owners and operators who wish to own and operate a farm in Saskatchewan.
Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) and How it works
The Federal Government of Canada has entered into bilateral agreements with provinces and territories (except Quebec and Nunavut) to allow the provinces and territories to nominate individuals for permanent residence based on the provinces' assessment of the nominees' ability to contribute to the economic growth and development of those provinces.
Each province and territory has its own “streams” (immigration programs that target certain groups) and requirements, selecting applicants that
- have the skills, education and work experience to contribute to the economy of a specific province or territory
- want to live in that province, and
- want to become permanent residents of Canada
To obtain permanent residence via Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), you must go through two steps:
- You must decide where you want to live in Canada and apply to that province or territory for a stream that you're eligible for. SuperVisas can help you with it in this application.
- After a province or territory nominates you, you must apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for permanent residence. The IRCC, a federal agency, will assess your application based on Canadian immigration law. If you have already obtained your nomination from a province or territory, please go to our program: Permanent Residence – Provincial Nominee Class.
Answer a few questions to find out if you'll be able to apply under Provincial Nominee Program.
Based on your answers, we will tell you what programs you may be eligible for, so be as accurate as you can.
Services provided by SuperVisas and its Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs):
- assess your qualifications for the Provincial Nominee Program.
- provide your with a checklist of information and documents required in support of your application.
- guide your through the process of obtaining required documents such as medical and security clearances.
- complete the application forms to ensure that they best show your qualifications.
- review your application package including application forms, supporting documents and Canadian Government processing fees.
- guide, provide editing comments with regard to your application.
- submit your complete application package to the Canadian government.
- communicate any government request to you and assist you in responding to any government request.
- communicate the result of your application from the government.
- Quick and easy online application
- Lower cost than traditional lawyers
- Peace of mind of expert review
- $1 million in application insurance
- Secure document storage
How It Works
- 1Create An Account
Create an account and either check your eligibility, or pick an application to start. We start by asking questions specific to the visa to ensure your eligibility. This can be quick and simple, such as for visitor visas, or may require entering multiple questionnaires. If you have any questions, there are no fees to contact our immigration experts by email, WeChat, WhatsApp or by booking a call.
- 2Confirmation Before Payment
Our immigration consultants will check your answers and double-check your profile to confirm you meet the minimum requirements of a program. Only if you are eligible will we move you to the payment stage. At this time you must pay the SuperVisas fee. We are transparent in our process and pricing, and clearly list all the fees and processing times for your visa. We use Stripe for credit or debit card payment processing, which is secure and encrypted. Government fees are paid later when the completed application is submitted and once we can correctly calculate the various government fees due. It can be complicated, but we guide you through the process.
- 3Complete Your Application Online
Now, you can finish your application. There will be some "tasks", or many, for you to complete depending on your visa, such as entering your education achievements, employment history and/or dependent information. This can take time and will require answering more questionnaires and uploading of documents. Our system ensures everything necessary is gathered depending on your specific situation - preventing errors and omissions - while at the same time saving you money. Our immigration experts prepare your application so that your case is best presented to the visa officers. After a final review by you, and by our experts, your application will be submitted! You will have peace of mind that only comes with a complete and accurate application.
- 4Approval and Renewals
We will notify you when your visa is approved! We securely store your immigration documents for 7 years and will provide you alerts well before any expiry dates. Renewing visas or taking the next step down the immigration pathway toward citizenship is easy when all your immigration history is in one place. We also understand that moving to a new country can be difficult and hard to navigate. If needed, we will provide guides and referrals to our affiliate partners to help.
You’ll need the following documents if you decide to apply to this visa.
- No document is required for this visa