If you have a job offer in the Canadian province of Prince Edward Island (PEI), you may be able to immigrate to Canada through the PEI PNP Skilled Worker Outside Canada stream, part of the Labour Impact category.
The Skilled Worker Stream may be utilized for talent recruitment outside of Canada if the Prince Edward Island employer has received authorization from the Office of Immigration prior to issuing a job offer. With approval, a work permit support letter would be provided for the applicant to seek a work permit.
To be eligible to apply for the PEI Skilled Worker stream you must:
- have a full-time, non-seasonal (permanent or minimum of two years) job offer from a PEI employer in a high skilled occupation defined by the Training, Education, Experience, and Responsibility classification system as TEER category 0, 1, 2, or 3; Important note: Through this stream, your employer must receive authorization from our office prior to submitting an expression of interest profile;
- have at least two years of full‐time work experience in the past five years;
- have legal status in country of residence;
- have successfully completed a post‐secondary degree or diploma (minimum two year program);
- be between the ages of 18 and 59;
- have sufficient English and/or French language ability to perform the job offered. Language ability can be verified by one of the following:
- a language test from an IRCC approved testing institute within the past two years with a minimum score of CLB/NCLC 4; or
- PEIW-02: Workforce Job Offer Form indicating employer is comfortable with the employees proficiency in English and/or French to perform tasks associated with the job position being offered.
- have sufficient financial resources for the applicant and family to pay all immigration costs (including travel expenses) to be able to establish in PEI; and
- demonstrate a genuine intention to settle in PEI.
The advantages of Prince Edward Island Skilled Workers Outside Canada
- The language requirement is as low as CLB4
Foreign workers who are currently outside of Canada and have received an NOC TEER 0, 1, 2, 3 position from an eligible employer may be eligible to apply for the Skilled Worker Outside Canada stream of the Prince Edward Island Provincial Nomination Program (PEI PNP).
Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) and How it works
The Federal Government of Canada has entered into bilateral agreements with provinces and territories (except Quebec and Nunavut) to allow the provinces and territories to nominate individuals for permanent residence based on the provinces' assessment of the nominees' ability to contribute to the economic growth and development of those provinces.
Each province and territory has its own “streams” (immigration programs that target certain groups) and requirements, selecting applicants that
- have the skills, education and work experience to contribute to the economy of a specific province or territory
- want to live in that province, and
- want to become permanent residents of Canada
To obtain permanent residence via Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), you must go through two steps:
- You must decide where you want to live in Canada and apply to that province or territory for a stream that you're eligible for. SuperVisas can help you with it in this application.
- After a province or territory nominates you, you must apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for permanent residence. The IRCC, a federal agency, will assess your application based on Canadian immigration law. If you have already obtained your nomination from a province or territory, please go to our program: Permanent Residence – Provincial Nominee Class.
Answer a few questions to find out if you'll be able to apply under Provincial Nominee Program.
Based on your answers, we will tell you what programs you may be eligible for, so be as accurate as you can.
Services provided by SuperVisas and its Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs):
- assess your qualifications for the Provincial Nominee Program.
- provide your with a checklist of information and documents required in support of your application.
- guide your through the process of obtaining required documents such as medical and security clearances.
- complete the application forms to ensure that they best show your qualifications.
- review your application package including application forms, supporting documents and Canadian Government processing fees.
- guide, provide editing comments with regard to your application.
- submit your complete application package to the Canadian government.
- communicate any government request to you and assist you in responding to any government request.
- communicate the result of your application from the government.
How It Works
- 1Create An Account
Do an eligibility check, or pick a visa, or just sign up directly to create an account. Then you can see all the documents needed, questions you must answer, and fee payments for our services and to the government. If you have any questions, it is easy to contact our sales team or to schedule a call.
- 2Eligibility Confirmation Before Payment
First you will answer a few questions to ensure you are eligible for the visa. Only if you are eligible will the payment unlock. Making payment assigns an immigration lawyer or regulated consultant to your application. We are transparent in our process and pricing, and clearly list all the fees and processing times for your visa. Read our Transparency Pledge. We use Stripe for credit or debit card payment processing, which is secure and encrypted.
- 3Complete Your Application Online
You can complete as many of the application tasks you wish before payment. Take your time. Some visas require a lot of information, which requires answering questionnaires and uploading of documents. Our system ensures everything necessary is gathered depending on your situation - preventing errors and omissions - and saving you time.
- 4Visa Preparation and Submission
Once all the tasks are completed, our experts will review your answers and start preparing your application so that the best case is best presented. Government fees are also due once the application is completed and we can correctly calculate the government fees due. After a final review by you, and by our experts, your application will be submitted! You will have peace of mind that only comes with an accurate application.
- 5Approval and Renewals
We notify you when your visa is approved! If there are any questions or rejections from the government, we will answer them and resubmit without any further fees from us. We securely store your immigration documents for 7 years and provide alerts well before any expiry dates. Renewing or taking the next step toward citizenship is easy when all your immigration history is in one place.