PEI Express Entry
Candidates who are eligible to enter the federal Express Entry pool and are interested in living and working in the Canadian province of Prince Edward Island (PEI) may apply to the PEI Express Entry category.
Unlike many other Express Entry-aligned Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) streams, the Express Entry stream of Prince Edward Island Provincial Nomination Program (PEI PNP) does not require candidates to have a job offer from a PEI employer at the time of submitting their Expression of Interest.
To be eligible for nomination through PEI Express Entry, you must:
- meet the requirements of at least one of the Federal Economic Immigration programs: Federal Skilled Worker Program; Federal Skilled Trades Program; or Canadian Experience Class
- create a Federal Express Entry Profile and be placed in the pool of candidates. You can create a profile at any time through IRCC(link is external).
There are two pathways to permanent residency through the PEI Express Entry Category, depending on if you have a job offer in PEI or not. Priority will be given to applicants that are living and working in PEI.
Graduates of publicly funded designated learning institutions in Canada are eligible to apply for a Post Graduate Work Permit upon graduation. PGWP holders who are seeking nomination under Express Entry are required to meet a minimum of nine months full-time work experience with a PEI employer prior to being considered for immigration pathways if you:
- hold a PGWP and graduated from an institution outside of PEI;
- have a spousal open work permit as a result of a spouse’s study permit from an institution outside of PEI;
- have a minimum of four months prior to the expiry of your PGWP at time of submission of Expression of Interest.
The advantages of PEI Express Entry Stream:
- There is no job offer requirement
Eligible EE candidates who would like to reside in PEI can apply for this program.
Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) and How it works
The Federal Government of Canada has entered into bilateral agreements with provinces and territories (except Quebec and Nunavut) to allow the provinces and territories to nominate individuals for permanent residence based on the provinces' assessment of the nominees' ability to contribute to the economic growth and development of those provinces.
Each province and territory has its own “streams” (immigration programs that target certain groups) and requirements, selecting applicants that
- have the skills, education and work experience to contribute to the economy of a specific province or territory
- want to live in that province, and
- want to become permanent residents of Canada
To obtain permanent residence via Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), you must go through two steps:
- You must decide where you want to live in Canada and apply to that province or territory for a stream that you're eligible for. SuperVisas can help you with it in this application.
- After a province or territory nominates you, you must apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for permanent residence. The IRCC, a federal agency, will assess your application based on Canadian immigration law. If you have already obtained your nomination from a province or territory, please go to our program: Permanent Residence – Provincial Nominee Class.
Answer a few questions to find out if you'll be able to apply under Provincial Nominee Program.
Based on your answers, we will tell you what programs you may be eligible for, so be as accurate as you can.
Services provided by SuperVisas and its Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs):
- assess your qualifications for the Provincial Nominee Program.
- provide your with a checklist of information and documents required in support of your application.
- guide your through the process of obtaining required documents such as medical and security clearances.
- complete the application forms to ensure that they best show your qualifications.
- review your application package including application forms, supporting documents and Canadian Government processing fees.
- guide, provide editing comments with regard to your application.
- submit your complete application package to the Canadian government.
- communicate any government request to you and assist you in responding to any government request.
- communicate the result of your application from the government.
- Quick and easy online application
- Lower cost than traditional lawyers
- Peace of mind of expert review
- $1 million in application insurance
- Secure document storage
How It Works
- 1Create An Account
Create an account and either check your eligibility, or pick an application to start. We start by asking questions specific to the visa to ensure your eligibility. This can be quick and simple, such as for visitor visas, or may require entering multiple questionnaires. If you have any questions, there are no fees to contact our immigration experts by email, WeChat, WhatsApp or by booking a call.
- 2Confirmation Before Payment
Our immigration consultants will check your answers and double-check your profile to confirm you meet the minimum requirements of a program. Only if you are eligible will we move you to the payment stage. At this time you must pay the SuperVisas fee. We are transparent in our process and pricing, and clearly list all the fees and processing times for your visa. We use Stripe for credit or debit card payment processing, which is secure and encrypted. Government fees are paid later when the completed application is submitted and once we can correctly calculate the various government fees due. It can be complicated, but we guide you through the process.
- 3Complete Your Application Online
Now, you can finish your application. There will be some "tasks", or many, for you to complete depending on your visa, such as entering your education achievements, employment history and/or dependent information. This can take time and will require answering more questionnaires and uploading of documents. Our system ensures everything necessary is gathered depending on your specific situation - preventing errors and omissions - while at the same time saving you money. Our immigration experts prepare your application so that your case is best presented to the visa officers. After a final review by you, and by our experts, your application will be submitted! You will have peace of mind that only comes with a complete and accurate application.
- 4Approval and Renewals
We will notify you when your visa is approved! We securely store your immigration documents for 7 years and will provide you alerts well before any expiry dates. Renewing visas or taking the next step down the immigration pathway toward citizenship is easy when all your immigration history is in one place. We also understand that moving to a new country can be difficult and hard to navigate. If needed, we will provide guides and referrals to our affiliate partners to help.
You’ll need the following documents if you decide to apply to this visa.
- No document is required for this visa