Ontario Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream
Ontario Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream targets foreign nationals who have completed a Canadian educational credential and who have a job offer from an Ontario employer.
The Employer Job Offer: International Student stream gives international students with a job offer in a skilled occupation the opportunity to apply to permanently live and work in Ontario.
Your job offer must be in a skilled occupation at TEER (Training, Education, Experience and Responsibilities) category 0, 1, 2 or 3 of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
In order to qualify for the Ontario International Students stream, a foreign national must have a valid job offer from an Ontario employer. The job offer must be for a full-time position, paid at or above the low wage level for that occupation in Ontario. The position must be at National Occupational Classification (NOC) TEER category 0, 1, 2 or 3
Level of Education
Any person applying to this stream must have completed a Canadian educational credential within the previous two years and which meets one of the two following conditions:
- A degree or diploma that takes at least two years of full-time study to complete, or;
- A degree or diploma that takes one year to complete but which requires a previously completed degree as a prerequisite for admission.
Please note that certain educational institutions are not eligible for this stream of immigration. Candidates should check with the OINP prior to applying to ensure that their educational credential is accepted.
If the position being offered to the applicant requires a licence to practice in Ontario, then the applicant must hold the valid licence, certificate, or authorization to practice the profession. The licence must have been issued by an eligible regulatory body in Ontario.
Intention to Reside
All applicants to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) must prove their intention to reside in the province. This can be shown through connections to the province (relatives, past education, etc.), investment in the province (purchase of property), or efforts to participate in Ontario society (volunteering, work experience, etc.).
In order for a candidate to apply to the Ontario Foreign Worker stream, they must have a valid job offer from an eligible Ontario employer.
Job Offer Requirements
The employer must offer a full-time, indeterminate position with a wage that meets industry standards.
The business must be established and in good standing in Ontario with a history of good workplace and business practices. The business must also meet minimum gross annual revenue and employee requirements:
Inside of the Greater Toronto Area: A minimum of $1 million CAD in gross annual revenue, and; At least five full-time employees.
Outside of the Greater Toronto Area: A minimum of $500,000 CAD in gross annual revenue, and; At least three full-time employees.
The employer must demonstrate that reasonable efforts were made to recruit a Canadian to fill the position prior to offering the position to a foreign national unless the foreign national already has authorization to work in Ontario.
The advantages of Ontario Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream
- There is no minimum requirement for language
The International Students stream targets foreign nationals who have completed a Canadian educational credential and who have a job offer from an Ontario employer.
Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) and How it works
The Federal Government of Canada has entered into bilateral agreements with provinces and territories (except Quebec and Nunavut) to allow the provinces and territories to nominate individuals for permanent residence based on the provinces' assessment of the nominees' ability to contribute to the economic growth and development of those provinces.
Each province and territory has its own “streams” (immigration programs that target certain groups) and requirements, selecting applicants that
- have the skills, education and work experience to contribute to the economy of a specific province or territory
- want to live in that province, and
- want to become permanent residents of Canada
To obtain permanent residence via Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), you must go through two steps:
- You must decide where you want to live in Canada and apply to that province or territory for a stream that you're eligible for. SuperVisas can help you with it in this application.
- After a province or territory nominates you, you must apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for permanent residence. The IRCC, a federal agency, will assess your application based on Canadian immigration law. If you have already obtained your nomination from a province or territory, please go to our program: Permanent Residence – Provincial Nominee Class.
Answer a few questions to find out if you'll be able to apply under Provincial Nominee Program.
Based on your answers, we will tell you what programs you may be eligible for, so be as accurate as you can.
Services provided by SuperVisas and its Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs):
- assess your qualifications for the Provincial Nominee Program.
- provide your with a checklist of information and documents required in support of your application.
- guide your through the process of obtaining required documents such as medical and security clearances.
- complete the application forms to ensure that they best show your qualifications.
- review your application package including application forms, supporting documents and Canadian Government processing fees.
- guide, provide editing comments with regard to your application.
- submit your complete application package to the Canadian government.
- communicate any government request to you and assist you in responding to any government request.
- communicate the result of your application from the government.
- Quick and easy online application
- Lower cost than traditional lawyers
- Peace of mind of expert review
- $1 million in application insurance
- Secure document storage
How It Works
- 1Create An Account
Create an account and either check your eligibility, or pick an application to start. We start by asking questions specific to the visa to ensure your eligibility. This can be quick and simple, such as for visitor visas, or may require entering multiple questionnaires. If you have any questions, there are no fees to contact our immigration experts by email, WeChat, WhatsApp or by booking a call.
- 2Confirmation Before Payment
Our immigration consultants will check your answers and double-check your profile to confirm you meet the minimum requirements of a program. Only if you are eligible will we move you to the payment stage. At this time you must pay the SuperVisas fee. We are transparent in our process and pricing, and clearly list all the fees and processing times for your visa. We use Stripe for credit or debit card payment processing, which is secure and encrypted. Government fees are paid later when the completed application is submitted and once we can correctly calculate the various government fees due. It can be complicated, but we guide you through the process.
- 3Complete Your Application Online
Now, you can finish your application. There will be some "tasks", or many, for you to complete depending on your visa, such as entering your education achievements, employment history and/or dependent information. This can take time and will require answering more questionnaires and uploading of documents. Our system ensures everything necessary is gathered depending on your specific situation - preventing errors and omissions - while at the same time saving you money. Our immigration experts prepare your application so that your case is best presented to the visa officers. After a final review by you, and by our experts, your application will be submitted! You will have peace of mind that only comes with a complete and accurate application.
- 4Approval and Renewals
We will notify you when your visa is approved! We securely store your immigration documents for 7 years and will provide you alerts well before any expiry dates. Renewing visas or taking the next step down the immigration pathway toward citizenship is easy when all your immigration history is in one place. We also understand that moving to a new country can be difficult and hard to navigate. If needed, we will provide guides and referrals to our affiliate partners to help.
You’ll need the following documents if you decide to apply to this visa.
- Canadian Education Credentials
- Financial Documents for Express Entry
- Foreign Education Credentials
- Full-Time Job Offer - FSW or CEC (if applicable)
- Licensing, registration and certification (excluding trade certificates)
- Passport Biographic Page
- Proof of Employment - Outside of Canada
- Proof of Family in the Province
- Spouse and Children's Passport