Nov 17, 2022
What is an E-3 Visa?
E3 Visa: Eligibility Criteria and Specialty Occupation
Eligibility criteriaTo qualify for E-3 visa status, an applicant must:
- Be an Australian citizen.
- Have a legitimate job offer in the U.S.
- Possess the required academic credentials or other prerequisites.
- Fill a position that meets the requirements for a specialty profession.
What does specialty occupation mean?A "specialty profession" is a job that calls for at least a bachelor's degree or the equivalent, as well as the "theoretical and practical application of a body of specialized knowledge” to qualify. It is not sufficient to have a bachelor's degree in a specialized field; the position must call for such a degree or its equivalent to satisfy the requirements. Simply put, a specialty occupation is a job with duties and responsibilities that are so specialized that
- only someone with at least a Bachelor's degree in an academic field directly related to the position could perform them, and
- they require in-depth knowledge from a specific field of study related to the proposed position.