Apr 14, 2023
CanadaSuper NewsGuide to Canada
Possible Canadian Government Strike in April - How to Minimize the Impact on Your Visa Application?
In the event of a strike by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) employees, individuals who intend to apply or have already submitted their applications and waiting on the result may be impacted by the strike.
- Processing applications
- In-person appointments or events, such as citizenship ceremonies
- Contacting IRCC through email, phone, or social media
- Consular citizenship and passport services
- Passport services in Canada
- Settlement services from the partner organizations
- Healthcare coverage through the Interim Federal Health Program
- Visa application centers located outside of Canada
While a potential strike by IRCC employees could impact immigration processes and cause delays, taking proactive steps to manage your application during a strike can help mitigate potential delays and ensure that your immigration goals are met promptly and efficiently.