Expedited Request for Visa Appointment
If a visa applicant has an unforeseen or emergency travel need, they may qualify for an expedited appointment at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
Do you have to travel to the U.S. for an emergency? If so, you may qualify for an expedited appointment.
If you have an unforeseen travel need as per one of the criteria listed below, you may qualify for an expedited appointment depending on availability at the Embassy. Travel for the purpose of attending weddings, graduation ceremonies, or general tourism do not qualify.
Travel purposes which can qualify for an emergency request generally include:
- You need to obtain emergency medical care or accompany a relative for emergency medical care. This only applies if you yourself, the visa applicant, needs emergency medical care or you are accompanying someone to the United States as a caregiver. This is not to visit or care for someone already in the United States who needs emergency care.
- You need to attend to a business matter where the travel requirement could not be predicted sufficiently in advance
- You need to attend the funeral of an immediate family member (mother, father, brother, sister, child, grandparent or grandchild).
- You need to make an appearance in a U.S. court.
- You are a student or exchange visitor (F, M, or J visa holders only) who (1) is pursuing a degree program that starts in the next 60 days and (2) was not denied a visa within the last six months. English language programs do not qualify for expedites, and exchanges are not for a business exchange, conferences, or meetings.
We recommend starting the application process as early as possible, as emergency appointment spots are limited.
We provide an easy to use platform to gather the necessary information for your specific situation, combined with Immigration expert guidance, preparation and review of your application.
Our team will review your eligibility submission and provide you with confirmation of your eligibility for an expedited appointment request. Once you decide to proceed, our platform guides you through a series of questions and helps you gather all the necessary documents. Our immigration experts will review your Form DS-160, draft necessary support documents, provide you with expert guidance on the interview process and what evidence is required, and even template documents based on your unique situation, to ensure we provide you with the best possible case. As the applicant, you will file the final application yourself.
Your dedicated case manager will provide end-to-end review and communication throughout the life of the application, including assisting with responses to any Department of State requests, to maximize your chances of success.
- Quick and easy online application
- Lower cost than traditional lawyers
- Peace of mind of expert review
- $1 million in application insurance
- Secure document storage
How It Works
- 1Create An Account
Create an account and either check your eligibility, or pick an application to start. We start by asking questions specific to the visa to ensure your eligibility. This can be quick and simple, such as for visitor visas, or may require entering multiple questionnaires. If you have any questions, there are no fees to contact our immigration experts by email, WeChat, WhatsApp or by booking a call.
- 2Confirmation Before Payment
Our immigration consultants will check your answers and double-check your profile to confirm you meet the minimum requirements of a program. Only if you are eligible will we move you to the payment stage. At this time you must pay the SuperVisas fee. We are transparent in our process and pricing, and clearly list all the fees and processing times for your visa. We use Stripe for credit or debit card payment processing, which is secure and encrypted. Government fees are paid later when the completed application is submitted and once we can correctly calculate the various government fees due. It can be complicated, but we guide you through the process.
- 3Complete Your Application Online
Now, you can finish your application. There will be some "tasks", or many, for you to complete depending on your visa, such as entering your education achievements, employment history and/or dependent information. This can take time and will require answering more questionnaires and uploading of documents. Our system ensures everything necessary is gathered depending on your specific situation - preventing errors and omissions - while at the same time saving you money. Our immigration experts prepare your application so that your case is best presented to the visa officers. After a final review by you, and by our experts, your application will be submitted! You will have peace of mind that only comes with a complete and accurate application.
- 4Approval and Renewals
We will notify you when your visa is approved! We securely store your immigration documents for 7 years and will provide you alerts well before any expiry dates. Renewing visas or taking the next step down the immigration pathway toward citizenship is easy when all your immigration history is in one place. We also understand that moving to a new country can be difficult and hard to navigate. If needed, we will provide guides and referrals to our affiliate partners to help.
You’ll need the following documents if you decide to apply to this visa.
- Emergency Travel Evidence
- Support Letter for Expedited Visa Appointment request
You might need the following documents based on your situation, or to enhance your application approval.
- DS-160 Confirmation Page
- Nonimmigrant Visa Appointment Confirmation