I-130 Petition for Spouse, Parent, or Child under 21
The Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative is the application process used by U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents to file for qualifying foreign national relative family members to allow those relatives to immigrate to the U.S.
Are you looking to Immigrate a family member to the U.S.?
Submitting Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative is the first step in helping an eligible relative apply to immigrate to the United States and get a Green Card.
There are two types of family-based immigrant visas an applicant can qualify for:
- Immediate Relative Category
- Family Preference Category
Immediate Relatives (IR) Immigrant Visas
This visa type is issued to immediate family members of U.S. citizens. There is no limit to how many IR Immigrant Visas can be issued in a given year which means it has the fastest processing times. The following family relationships qualify as Immediate Relatives:
- Spouse of a U.S. citizen
- A U.S. citizen’s unmarried child under the age of 21
- A parent of a U.S. citizen who is at least 21 years of age
Family Preference (F#) Immigrant Visas
This classification is for certain family members of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents. Unlike the immediate relative category above, family preference green cards have an annual numerical limitation, which can result in longer wait times for a visa to become available. The following family relationships qualify under the Family Preference category:
- First preference (F1) - unmarried sons and daughters (21 years of age and older) of U.S. citizens;
- Second preference (F2A) - spouses and children (unmarried and under 21 years of age) of lawful permanent residents;
- Second preference (F2B) - unmarried sons and daughters (21 years of age and older) of lawful permanent residents;
- Third preference (F3) - married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens; and
- Fourth preference (F4) - brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens (if the U.S. citizen is 21 years of age and older)
We recommend starting the I-130 Petition for your family member as soon as you can, as paperwork and processing of this Immigrant Visa can take weeks to prepare. In addition, processing times can vary, from a few months to over one year.
How to Qualify:
In addition to the family relationships outlined above, the U.S. citizen or green card holder must be able to show:
- Proof of the close family relationship;
- A permanent residence must be maintained in the U.S.;
- Adequate financial support for the person being sponsored for a green card.
We provide an easy to use platform to gather the necessary information for your specific situation, combined with Immigration expert guidance, preparation and review of your application.
Our team will review your eligibility submission and provide you with confirmation of your ideal immigration program prior to payment of any fees. Once you decide to proceed, our platform guides you through a series of questions and helps you gather all the necessary documents. Our immigration experts will then prepare your case and complete the necessary forms, while reviewing the application to ensure it presents the best possible case. As the applicant, you will file the final application yourself.
Your dedicated case manager will provide end-to-end review and communication throughout the life of the application, including assisting with responses to any USCIS requests, to maximize your chances of success. The SuperVisas platform tracks key dates and expirations to ensure deadlines and important dates are not missed.
We also offer our clients supplemental visa and application services which may be required by the U.S. Government as part of an application filing, or which may improve an application’s success rate.
For example, if you are not comfortable handling the communications with the government and filing your own application, then we can help you use an immigration lawyer to represent you as an Additional Service with additional fees. We have a network of qualified U.S. attorneys and legal experts if you want the added peace of mind in knowing that your application is being represented by a licensed immigration attorney before the U.S. Government.
SuperVisas provides the following Additional Service for this visa:
- Attorney Representation - In addition to our preparation of your application, you will be represented by a licensed immigration lawyer throughout the entire application process. If you chose this Additional Service, your case will be submitted by a licensed immigration attorney who will also respond to any additional requests from USCIS on your behalf. You can enjoy peace of mind knowing that an attorney is handling all communications with USCIS.
- Quick and easy online application
- Lower cost than traditional lawyers
- Peace of mind of expert review
- $1 million in application insurance
- Secure document storage
How It Works
- 1Create An Account
Create an account and either check your eligibility, or pick an application to start. We start by asking questions specific to the visa to ensure your eligibility. This can be quick and simple, such as for visitor visas, or may require entering multiple questionnaires. If you have any questions, there are no fees to contact our immigration experts by email, WeChat, WhatsApp or by booking a call.
- 2Confirmation Before Payment
Our immigration consultants will check your answers and double-check your profile to confirm you meet the minimum requirements of a program. Only if you are eligible will we move you to the payment stage. At this time you must pay the SuperVisas fee. We are transparent in our process and pricing, and clearly list all the fees and processing times for your visa. We use Stripe for credit or debit card payment processing, which is secure and encrypted. Government fees are paid later when the completed application is submitted and once we can correctly calculate the various government fees due. It can be complicated, but we guide you through the process.
- 3Complete Your Application Online
Now, you can finish your application. There will be some "tasks", or many, for you to complete depending on your visa, such as entering your education achievements, employment history and/or dependent information. This can take time and will require answering more questionnaires and uploading of documents. Our system ensures everything necessary is gathered depending on your specific situation - preventing errors and omissions - while at the same time saving you money. Our immigration experts prepare your application so that your case is best presented to the visa officers. After a final review by you, and by our experts, your application will be submitted! You will have peace of mind that only comes with a complete and accurate application.
- 4Approval and Renewals
We will notify you when your visa is approved! We securely store your immigration documents for 7 years and will provide you alerts well before any expiry dates. Renewing visas or taking the next step down the immigration pathway toward citizenship is easy when all your immigration history is in one place. We also understand that moving to a new country can be difficult and hard to navigate. If needed, we will provide guides and referrals to our affiliate partners to help.
You’ll need the following documents if you decide to apply to this visa.
- Birth Certificate for Applicant
- Current I-94
- Digital photo
- Evidence of bona fide marriage
- Marriage Certificate
- Prior I-797A approval notice
- Termination of Marriage Certificate
- U.S. Passport, Certificate of Naturalization, or U.S. Green Card