The H-1B visa is a nonimmigrant U.S. visa category for foreign nationals seeking temporary entry into the U.S. for employment in specialty occupations generally requiring at least a bachelor's degree or its equivalent.
Are you a U.S. employer looking to hire or sponsor an employee for a professional work visa?
The H-1B Visa program allows employers to hire foreign workers who possess a bachelor's degree or higher and have highly specialized knowledge in the specific occupation. This temporary work visa allows U.S. employers to hire foreign workers into specialty occupations that require a bachelor's degree or its equivalent.
Initial H-1B applications are subject to an annual lottery. If your employee has been selected in the annual lottery, we can assist in the H-1B filing with USCIS.
If you are a U.S. employer wishing to hire a new employee or continue sponsoring a current employee who already holds an H-1B, you do not have to submit a new lottery registration on the employee's behalf. Current H-1B holders can transfer or extend their H-1B status with the same or a new employer at any time.
The H-1B classification is generally granted for 3 years at a time with a maximum duration of 6 years for any extension requests.
Dependent family members, including spouses and any children under 21 may accompany the H-1B visa holder to the U.S. in H4 status. The H4 spouse is permitted to work in the U.S. if the H-1B holder has an approved I-140.
We recommend beginning the H-1B petition as soon as possible as annual lottery limitations and government processing times may impact how soon your employee can begin working with your company.
To qualify for an H-1B Nonimmigrant Visa, the applicant must be:
- The employee must have an offer of employment from a U.S. employer;
- The job must qualify as a "specialty occupation,"
- The employee must have the minimum requirements necessary for the specialty occupation at the time of application, which must be at least a bachelor's degree in a specific field of study, and any licenses, certifications, or other specific requirements for the position.
- The employer must agree to certain conditions, including payment of the required wage.
- H-1B status is limited to 6 years, inclusive of all employers; the 6-year period starts over after an employee has left the U.S. for one full year.
- First time applicants are subject to an annual lottery before being eligible to apply
We provide an easy to use platform to gather the necessary information for your specific situation, combined with Immigration expert guidance, preparation and review of your application.
Our team will review your eligibility submission and provide you with confirmation of your ideal immigration program prior to payment of any fees. Once you decide to proceed, our platform guides you through a series of questions and helps you gather all the necessary documents. Our immigration experts will then prepare your case and complete the necessary forms, while reviewing the application to ensure it presents the best possible case. As the applicant, you will file the final application yourself.
Your dedicated case manager will provide end-to-end review and communication throughout the life of the application, including assisting with responses to any USCIS requests, to maximize your chances of success. The SuperVisas platform tracks key dates and expirations to ensure deadlines and renewal dates are not missed.
We also offer our clients supplemental visa and application services which may be required by the U.S. Government as part of an application filing, or which may improve an application’s success rate.
For example, if you are not comfortable handling the communications with the government and filing your own application, then we can help you use an immigration lawyer to represent you as an Additional Service with additional fees. We have a network of qualified U.S. attorneys and legal experts if you want the added peace of mind in knowing that your application is being represented by a licensed immigration attorney before the U.S. Government.
SuperVisas provides the following Additional Service for this visa:
- Attorney Representation - In addition to our preparation of your application, you will be represented by a licensed immigration lawyer throughout the entire application process. If you chose this Additional Service, your case will be submitted by a licensed immigration attorney who will also respond to any additional requests from USCIS on your behalf. You can enjoy peace of mind knowing that an attorney is handling all communications with USCIS.
- Academic Evaluations - An academic evaluation assesses foreign academic credentials to determine their equivalency in the United States.
How It Works
- 1Create An Account
Do an eligibility check, or pick a visa, or just sign up directly to create an account. Then you can see all the documents needed, questions you must answer, and fee payments for our services and to the government. If you have any questions, it is easy to contact our sales team or to schedule a call.
- 2Eligibility Confirmation Before Payment
First you will answer a few questions to ensure you are eligible for the visa. Only if you are eligible will the payment unlock. Making payment assigns an immigration lawyer or regulated consultant to your application. We are transparent in our process and pricing, and clearly list all the fees and processing times for your visa. Read our Transparency Pledge. We use Stripe for credit or debit card payment processing, which is secure and encrypted.
- 3Complete Your Application Online
You can complete as many of the application tasks you wish before payment. Take your time. Some visas require a lot of information, which requires answering questionnaires and uploading of documents. Our system ensures everything necessary is gathered depending on your situation - preventing errors and omissions - and saving you time.
- 4Visa Preparation and Submission
Once all the tasks are completed, our experts will review your answers and start preparing your application so that the best case is best presented. Government fees are also due once the application is completed and we can correctly calculate the government fees due. After a final review by you, and by our experts, your application will be submitted! You will have peace of mind that only comes with an accurate application.
- 5Approval and Renewals
We notify you when your visa is approved! If there are any questions or rejections from the government, we will answer them and resubmit without any further fees from us. We securely store your immigration documents for 7 years and provide alerts well before any expiry dates. Renewing or taking the next step toward citizenship is easy when all your immigration history is in one place.