1 dic 2022
B1/B2 Visa Process Overview
The process of the B1/B2 visa application is simple, but it is important to show your “intent to depart” the U.S. during the interview process.
- Complete the DS-160 Nonimmigrant Visa Application The DS-160 is a comprehensive online application for nonimmigrant visas, including the applicant's biographical details and travel plans. There is no cost to fill out the DS-160 form.
- Schedule your Interview You must schedule an interview at a U.S. embassy or consulate after completing Form DS-160. It is crucial to book the appointment as early as possible because wait durations can differ by country. It is strongly advised to submit an application at the closest consulate in their country of origin.
- Attend the Interview and Obtain your Visa To determine the legitimacy of the anticipated activities in the US and whether the applicant has the money and the intention to return to their home country once their stay is over, a series of basic questions will be asked of them. At the beginning of your appointment at the Embassy, you will be required to pay the relevant visa fee. The government filing fee for a B visa is $160.
- A passport valid for six months past the date of return
- A digital photograph you will use for your visa
- Proof of travel or return travel
- Evidence of activities in the U.S. (such as wedding invitations and conference brochures)
- Proof of adequate funds for your travel (such as travel, accommodation, and living expenses)
- Any other evidence you feel shows an intent to return to your home country (such as a job, property, or family)