Student Direct Stream (SDS) allows international students from certain countries to apply for their study permit faster. Students need to meet additional requirements applying through SDS.
Are you looking to continue your studies in Canada? If so, you likely need a study permit.
A study permit enables international students to study at a school in Canada. Family members can also apply for visas to accompany an international student to Canada. The spouse or partner may receive an open work permit, allowing them to work for any Canadian employer, and dependent children may receive a study permit to study at Canadian elementary and secondary schools.
Student Direct Stream (SDS)
Student Direct Stream (SDS) is a faster way to obtain a study permit for applicants from certain countries. SDS has additional requirements, in addition to the requirements of a regular study permit.
- be a legal resident living in one of the SDS countries, including Antigua and Barbuda, Brazil, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, India, Morocco, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Senegal, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Vietnam
- have an acceptance letter from a post-secondary designated learning institution
- live outside of Canada when you apply
- have proof you have paid your tuition for your first year of study
- have a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of CAN$10,000
- have a Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) from the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration
- This is only if you’re planning to study in Quebec
- get a medical exam before you apply
- get a police certificate before you apply
- have your most recent secondary or post-secondary school transcript(s)
- have a language test result that shows any of the following:
- CAEL: a minimum overall score of 60;
- CELPIP General: a score that is equivalent to a CLB score of at least 7 for each ability;
- IELTS Academic: a minimum overall score of at least 6;
- IELTS General: a score that is equivalent to a CLB score of at least 7 for each ability;
- TCF Canada: a score that is equivalent to a CLB score of at least 7 for each ability;
- TCF Tout public: a minimum overall score of 400;
- TEF Canada: a score that is equivalent to a CLB score of at least 7 for each ability;
- TEF 5 épreuves : a minimum overall score of 400 (“Lexique/Structure” is not required for SDS);
- TOEFL iBTL: a minimum overall score of at least 83;
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic: a minimum overall score of 60.
Depending on where you’re applying from, you may also need to provide other documents.
Even though getting a study permit is faster through SDS, we still recommend students to start applying for schools and study permits early, as it may take up to 6 months to get a school acceptance letter and around 1 month for the government to approve your SDS study permit application. Most international students also arrive weeks early to adjust to a brand new environment.
If Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) approves your application, IRCC will issue you a visa to enter Canada in addition to your study permit.
您可以在付款前完成任意数量的申请任务。慢慢来。有些签证需要大量信息，需要回答问卷和上传文件。我们的系统确保根据您的情况收集必要的一切 - 防止错误和遗漏 - 并节省您的时间。
当您的签证获得批准时，我们会通知您！如果政府有任何疑问或拒绝，我们将予以答复并重新提交，而无需支付任何进一步费用。我们将您的移民文件安全存储 7 年，并在任何到期日期之前提供警报。当您的所有移民历史都集中在一个地方时，更新或迈出下一步以获得公民身份就很容易。