The Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative is the application process used by U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents to file for qualifying foreign national relative family members to allow those relatives to immigrate to the U.S.
Are you looking to Immigrate a family member to the U.S.?
Submitting Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative is the first step in helping an eligible relative apply to immigrate to the United States and get a Green Card.
There are two types of family-based immigrant visas an applicant can qualify for:
- Immediate Relative Category
- Family Preference Category
Immediate Relatives (IR) Immigrant Visas
This visa type is issued to immediate family members of U.S. citizens. There is no limit to how many IR Immigrant Visas can be issued in a given year which means it has the fastest processing times. The following family relationships qualify as Immediate Relatives:
- Spouse of a U.S. citizen
- A U.S. citizen’s unmarried child under the age of 21
- A parent of a U.S. citizen who is at least 21 years of age
Family Preference (F#) Immigrant Visas
This classification is for certain family members of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents. Unlike the immediate relative category above, family preference green cards have an annual numerical limitation, which can result in longer wait times for a visa to become available. The following family relationships qualify under the Family Preference category:
- First preference (F1) - unmarried sons and daughters (21 years of age and older) of U.S. citizens;
- Second preference (F2A) - spouses and children (unmarried and under 21 years of age) of lawful permanent residents;
- Second preference (F2B) - unmarried sons and daughters (21 years of age and older) of lawful permanent residents;
- Third preference (F3) - married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens; and
- Fourth preference (F4) - brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens (if the U.S. citizen is 21 years of age and older)
We recommend starting the I-130 Petition for your family member as soon as you can, as paperwork and processing of this Immigrant Visa can take weeks to prepare. In addition, processing times can vary, from a few months to over one year.
How to Qualify:
In addition to the family relationships outlined above, the U.S. citizen or green card holder must be able to show:
- Proof of the close family relationship;
- A permanent residence must be maintained in the U.S.;
- Adequate financial support for the person being sponsored for a green card.
We provide an easy to use platform to gather the necessary information for your specific situation, combined with Immigration expert guidance, preparation and review of your application.
Our team will review your eligibility submission and provide you with confirmation of your ideal immigration program prior to payment of any fees. Once you decide to proceed, our platform guides you through a series of questions and helps you gather all the necessary documents. Our immigration experts will then prepare your case and complete the necessary forms, while reviewing the application to ensure it presents the best possible case. As the applicant, you will file the final application yourself.
Your dedicated case manager will provide end-to-end review and communication throughout the life of the application, including assisting with responses to any USCIS requests, to maximize your chances of success. The SuperVisas platform tracks key dates and expirations to ensure deadlines and important dates are not missed.
We also offer our clients supplemental visa and application services which may be required by the U.S. Government as part of an application filing, or which may improve an application’s success rate.
For example, if you are not comfortable handling the communications with the government and filing your own application, then we can help you use an immigration lawyer to represent you as an Additional Service with additional fees. We have a network of qualified U.S. attorneys and legal experts if you want the added peace of mind in knowing that your application is being represented by a licensed immigration attorney before the U.S. Government.
SuperVisas provides the following Additional Service for this visa:
- Attorney Representation - In addition to our preparation of your application, you will be represented by a licensed immigration lawyer throughout the entire application process. If you chose this Additional Service, your case will be submitted by a licensed immigration attorney who will also respond to any additional requests from USCIS on your behalf. You can enjoy peace of mind knowing that an attorney is handling all communications with USCIS.
您可以在付款前完成任意数量的申请任务。慢慢来。有些签证需要大量信息，需要回答问卷和上传文件。我们的系统确保根据您的情况收集必要的一切 - 防止错误和遗漏 - 并节省您的时间。
当您的签证获得批准时，我们会通知您！如果政府有任何疑问或拒绝，我们将予以答复并重新提交，而无需支付任何进一步费用。我们将您的移民文件安全存储 7 年，并在任何到期日期之前提供警报。当您的所有移民历史都集中在一个地方时，更新或迈出下一步以获得公民身份就很容易。