Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) - Work Permit
The Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) - Work Permit is a program under Canada's Temporary Foreign Worker Program that allows Canadian employers to hire foreign workers by obtaining a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). Once approved, the foreign worker may apply for their Canadian work permit.
Are you looking to hire or retain employees in Canada that are foreign nationals?
Most Canadian employers must receive approval from the Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) before they can hire a foreign national. This application is called the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). Employers typically need to meet a set of requirements, show significant efforts in trying to recruit Canadians for the position and attend an interview with an ESDC officer.
We recommend employers to hire a professional in their LMIA application, so that they comply with requirements on recruitment efforts and get necessary training for their interview. Employers should also start the application process early, as it may take up to 5 months for the Canadian government to approve the LMIA application.
To start the process, business owners will need to decide if the position they are hiring for falls under the Labour Market Impact Assessments (LMIA) Stream for Low-Wage Positions or Stream for High-Wage Positions:
If you are offering a wage to a temporary foreign worker that is
At or above the provincial or territorial median hourly wage, the application will be under the Stream for High-Wage Positions
Below the provincial or territorial median hourly wage, the application will be under the Stream for Low-Wage Positions
However, before hiring a temporary foreign worker (TFW), the employer must try to hire Canadians and permanent residents.
Please note that:
- This LMIA application can also be used to support a permanent residence application.
- The employer is always required to pay government processing fee for this LMIA application.
- Employer may use the LMIA to hire one or more foreign workers under the same job title.
Services provided by SuperVisas and its Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs):
- assess your qualifications for the Labour Market Impact Assessment and/or the Global Talent Stream Program.
- provide your with a checklist of information and documents required in support of your application.
- guide your through the process of obtaining required documents such as medical and security clearances.
- complete the application forms to ensure that they best show your qualifications.
- review your application package including application forms, supporting documents and Canadian Government processing fees.
- guide, provide editing comments with regard to your application.
- submit your complete application package to the Canadian government.
- communicate any government request to you and assist you in responding to any government request.
- communicate the result of your application from the government.
我们的移民顾问将检查您的回答并仔细检查您的个人资料，以确认您符合项目的最低要求。只有当您符合条件时，我们才会将您转至付款阶段。此时您必须支付 SuperVisas 费用。我们的流程和定价是透明的，并清楚地列出您签证的所有费用和处理时间。我们使用 Stripe 进行信用卡或借记卡付款处理，这是安全和加密的。政府费用在提交完整的申请时稍后支付，并且一旦我们能够正确计算应支付的各种政府费用。它可能很复杂，但我们会指导您完成整个过程。
现在，您可以完成您的申请了。根据您的签证，将有一些或许多"任务"供您完成，例如输入您的教育成就、工作经历和/或依赖信息。这可能需要时间，并且需要回答更多问卷和上传文件。我们的系统确保根据您的具体情况收集所有必要的信息 - 防止错误和遗漏 - 同时为您节省资金。我们的移民专家会准备您的申请，以便最好地将您的案件提交给签证官。经过您和我们的专家的最终审核后，您的申请将被提交！只有完整准确的应用程序才能让您高枕无忧。
我们会在您的签证获批时通知您！我们将您的移民文件安全存储 7 年，并会在任何到期日之前为您提供提醒。当您的所有移民历史都集中在一个地方时，续签签证或采取下一步移民途径获得公民身份是很容易的。我们也明白，搬到一个新的国家可能很困难，也很难驾驭。如果需要，我们将向我们的附属合作伙伴提供指南和推荐以提供帮助。
- Ability to fulfill terms of the job offer
- CV (résumé) of intended employee
- LMIA Transition Plan
- Manitoba Experience
- Proof of Address
- Proof of Costal Trade
- Proof of Providing a Good or Service