An Employment Authorization Document (EAD), or more commonly known as simply a work permit, is a document provided to certain noncitizens to show proof to U.S. employers that they are authorized for employment in the U.S.
Certain visa holders in the U.S. will require an Employment Authorization Document, or EAD, before they are legally allowed to work in the U.S. Individuals who hold a Green Card, individuals who have employment authorization incident to their status, or those who are employed in the U.S. with a nonimmigrant visa, do not need to apply for an EAD as they are already authorized to work.
Although all applicants for an EAD will need to file form I-765, the supporting evidence required varies depending on the applicant's unique situation. Likewise, first time applicant's require different evidence than an applicant who is renewing their current EAD.
USCIS generally approves applicants for an EAD from 1-2 years, depending on the applicant's status in the U.S.
Not everyone who has legal immigration status in the U.S. can apply for an EAD. The categories of noncitizens of the U.S. who are eligible to apply for an EAD include:
- Green Card applicants waiting for USCIS to make a decision on their application;
- Spouses who hold certain dependent nonimmigrant visas, such as the L2, E3D, H4, or TD;
- F-1 students who are applying for OPT;
- Applicants who are eligible for DACA;
- Applicants for Asylum in the U.S.;
- K-1 visa holders;
- Individuals holding TPS.
The government fees for the I-765, Application for Employment Authorization is $410.00 USD.
We recommend starting the application process as early as possible, as travel restrictions and lengthy consulate wait times for nonimmigrant visa appointments may impact your travel plans.
We provide an easy to use platform to gather the necessary information for your specific situation, combined with Immigration expert guidance, preparation and review of your application.
Our team will review your eligibility submission and provide you with confirmation of your ideal immigration program prior to payment of any fees. Once you decide to proceed, our platform guides you through a series of questions and helps you gather all the necessary documents. Our immigration experts will then prepare your case and complete the necessary forms, while reviewing the application to ensure it presents the best possible case. As the applicant, you will file the final application yourself.
Your dedicated case manager will provide end-to-end review and communication throughout the life of the application, including assisting with responses to any USCIS requests, to maximize your chances of success. The SuperVisas platform tracks key dates and expirations to ensure deadlines and renewal dates are not missed.
- Attorney Representation - In addition to our preparation of your application, you will be represented by a licensed immigration lawyer throughout the entire application process. If you chose this Additional Service, your case will be submitted by a licensed immigration attorney who will also respond to any additional requests from USCIS on your behalf. You can enjoy peace of mind knowing that an attorney is handling all communications with USCIS.
您可以在付款前完成任意数量的申请任务。慢慢来。有些签证需要大量信息，需要回答问卷和上传文件。我们的系统确保根据您的情况收集必要的一切 - 防止错误和遗漏 - 并节省您的时间。
当您的签证获得批准时，我们会通知您！如果政府有任何疑问或拒绝，我们将予以答复并重新提交，而无需支付任何进一步费用。我们将您的移民文件安全存储 7 年，并在任何到期日期之前提供警报。当您的所有移民历史都集中在一个地方时，更新或迈出下一步以获得公民身份就很容易。