Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) - Establish a New Business
The Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) - Establish a New Business program is a program under Canada's Temporary Foreign Worker Program that allows entrepreneurs and investors who wish to establish a new business in Canada to apply for a LMIA to support the hiring of their work permit or permanent residence applications.
Are you looking to create a new business and gain permanent residency in Canada? You may be eligible for the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) - Establish a New Business Program
You may be eligible if you have proof of:
Previous active engagement in the business before apply for a work permit
Financial investment in a business
Business contracts or negotiations of business contracts ( such as signing a lease)
Applying for a Business Number (BN) registration with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Applying and receiving licences or permits
After you have shown proof of setting up a new business in Canada, you will need to create a job position for yourself as an employee of the business and apply for the Owner- Operator Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
The Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is a document that employers might have to use before hiring a foreign worker. This assessment tells an employer whether or not their foreign worker can be employed. A positive LMIA means that the employer can hire their foreign worker. Once the employer receives the positive LMIA, the worker can apply for a work permit.
To qualify, you must prove:
Business control: Either you are the sole owner of the business or have majority share
Benefit to Canada: Proof that your business will contribute to the Canadian job market
Active Business Management: Through creation of a Business Plan and your business management experience
In this case, the Temporary Foreign Worker (TFW) will be you as you are the business owner creating a job for yourself as an employee. Once you receive the work permit, you can apply through Express Entry and start the process of becoming a permanent resident of Canada.
Please note that:
- If the LMIA will be used in a work permit application, the employer is required to pay government processing fee.
- Employer may use the LMIA to hire one or more foreign workers under the same job title.
Services provided by SuperVisas and its Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs):
- assess your qualifications for the Labour Market Impact Assessment and/or the Global Talent Stream Program.
- provide your with a checklist of information and documents required in support of your application.
- guide you through the process of obtaining required documents such as medical and security clearances.
- complete the application forms to ensure that they best show your qualifications.
- review your application package including application forms, supporting documents and Canadian Government processing fees.
- guide, provide editing comments with regard to your application.
- submit your complete application package to the Canadian government.
- communicate any government request to you and assist you in responding to any government request.
- communicate the result of your application from the government.
我们的移民顾问将检查您的回答并仔细检查您的个人资料，以确认您符合项目的最低要求。只有当您符合条件时，我们才会将您转至付款阶段。此时您必须支付 SuperVisas 费用。我们的流程和定价是透明的，并清楚地列出您签证的所有费用和处理时间。我们使用 Stripe 进行信用卡或借记卡付款处理，这是安全和加密的。政府费用在提交完整的申请时稍后支付，并且一旦我们能够正确计算应支付的各种政府费用。它可能很复杂，但我们会指导您完成整个过程。
现在，您可以完成您的申请了。根据您的签证，将有一些或许多"任务"供您完成，例如输入您的教育成就、工作经历和/或依赖信息。这可能需要时间，并且需要回答更多问卷和上传文件。我们的系统确保根据您的具体情况收集所有必要的信息 - 防止错误和遗漏 - 同时为您节省资金。我们的移民专家会准备您的申请，以便最好地将您的案件提交给签证官。经过您和我们的专家的最终审核后，您的申请将被提交！只有完整准确的应用程序才能让您高枕无忧。
我们会在您的签证获批时通知您！我们将您的移民文件安全存储 7 年，并会在任何到期日之前为您提供提醒。当您的所有移民历史都集中在一个地方时，续签签证或采取下一步移民途径获得公民身份是很容易的。我们也明白，搬到一个新的国家可能很困难，也很难驾驭。如果需要，我们将向我们的附属合作伙伴提供指南和推荐以提供帮助。
- Job Offer
- Proof of Job Advertisement
- Recruitment Summary
- Transition Plan