2023年5月24日
美国
Guide to the United States

What are the Top In-Demand Occupations in the US?

Explore in-demand U.S. occupations, including average salaries, job descriptions, demographic details, and retirement age.

What are the Top In-Demand Occupations in the US?

In today's rapidly evolving job market, staying updated on the occupations in high demand is essential. The United States, with its diverse and thriving economy, offers various opportunities across various industries. As technology advances and societal needs change, certain occupations have become particularly sought-after. In this blog post, we will explore some of the in-demand occupations in the US, providing information on their average annual gross salaries, job descriptions, the estimated number of professionals in the country, the average age of practitioners, gender distribution and average retirement age.

Software Developer

Average Annual Gross Salary: $109,020 / $52.41 per hour.

Software developers are responsible for designing, creating, and testing software programs used on computers, mobile devices, and other devices.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the United States has approximately 1,456,000 software developers. The average age of software developers is 38, and the profession is predominantly male, with males comprising 75% of the software developer workforce and females making up the remaining 25%. On average, software developers retire at the age of 65.

Registered Nurse

Average Annual Gross Salary: $77,600 / $37.31 per hour.

Registered nurses play a vital role in providing patient care, administering medications, and assisting with diagnostic tests and medical procedures. They work in hospitals, clinics, and various healthcare facilities.

In the United States, there are approximately 3,130,600 registered nurses. The average age of registered nurses is 43, and the profession is predominantly female, with females representing 90% of the registered nurse workforce, while males make up the remaining 10%. On average, registered nurses retire at the age of 62.

Data Scientist

Average Annual Gross Salary: $100,910 / $48.52 per hour.

Data scientists are responsible for collecting and analyzing large datasets to uncover patterns and trends that can provide valuable insights for business decision-making.

In the United States, there are approximately 113,300 data scientists. The average age of data scientists is 37, and the profession is predominantly male, with males constituting 67% of the data scientist workforce, while females comprise 33%. On average, data scientists retire at the age of 65.

Occupational Therapist

Average Annual Gross Salary: $85,570 / $41.14 per hour.

Occupational therapists play a crucial role in assisting individuals in their recovery from injuries or illnesses and helping them develop the necessary skills for daily living and employment.

In the United States, there are approximately 133,900 occupational therapists. The average age of occupational therapists is 43, and the profession is predominantly female, with females comprising 87% of the occupational therapist workforce, while males make up the remaining 13%. On average, occupational therapists retire at the age of 62.

Physician Assistant

Average Annual Gross Salary: $121,530 / $58.43 per hour.

Physician assistants work in healthcare settings, conducting medical examinations, diagnosing illnesses, and delivering treatments under the supervision of licensed physicians.

In the United States, there are approximately 139,100 physician assistants. The average age of physician assistants is 39, and the profession is predominantly female, with females constituting 66% of physician assistants, while males represent 34%. On average, physician assistants retire at the age of 62.

Dental Hygienist

Average Annual Gross Salary: $77,810 / $37.41 per hour.

Dental hygienists primarily work in dental offices, where they perform tasks such as teeth cleaning, taking X-rays, and providing preventive dental care to patients.

In the United States, there are approximately 214,000 dental hygienists. The average age of dental hygienists is 40, and the profession is predominantly female, with females representing 95% of dental hygienists, while males make up the remaining 5%. On average, dental hygienists retire at the age of 62.

Financial Manager

Average Annual Gross Salary: $131,710 / $63.32 per hour.

Financial managers are responsible for managing financial operations and developing strategic financial plans to assist organizations in achieving their objectives. They work across various industries.

In the United States, there are approximately 730,800 financial managers. The average age of financial managers is 47, and the profession is predominantly male, with males constituting 67% of financial managers while females comprise 33%. On average, financial managers retire at the age of 65.

Information Security Analyst

Average Annual Gross Salary: $102,600 / $49.33 per hour.

Information security analysts operate in diverse industries, actively monitoring computer systems and networks to detect and prevent security breaches. They develop strategies and implement measures to safeguard sensitive information.

In the United States, there are approximately 163,000 information security analysts. The average age of information security analysts is 41, and the profession is predominantly male, with males comprising 82% of the workforce, while females make up the remaining 18%. On average, information security analysts retire at the age of 65.

Construction Manager

Average Annual Gross Salary: $98,890 / $47.55 per hour.

Construction managers are responsible for supervising construction projects, including managing budgets, schedules, and personnel. Their role is to ensure that projects are completed on time and within the allocated budget.

In the United States, there are approximately 478,500 construction managers. The average age of construction managers is 47, and the profession is predominantly male, with males constituting 92% of construction managers, while females make up the remaining 8%. On average, construction managers retire at the age of 65.

It should be emphasized that the demand for these occupations can be influenced by factors such as location, industry, and other variables and that the job market is subject to constant change. Nevertheless, based on current trends and advancements in their respective industries, these professions are anticipated to maintain a high level of demand in the upcoming years.

By keeping pace with industry trends and investing in continuous learning, individuals can position themselves for a rewarding and successful career in these in-demand fields.

Check your eligibility for US visas with instant results

SuperVisas Scribe
TeamSuperVisas Scribe
分享:
LinkedIn logo
Facebook logo
Twitter logo