Programs / Additional Services / Study Permit Add-on

Study Permit Add-on


If you have a family member, please add the application that best suits their purpose while accompanying you to Canada. On the basis of your work permit, your spouse and child/children can get an open work permit, study permit as well as a visitor visa.

A study permit allows your spouse/child to study in Canada at a designated learning institution (DLI). A study permit is an addition to either a visitor visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA) that allows international students to study at a designated learning institution (DLI).

Government FeesAmount (per person)
Study Permit$150 CAD
Biometric Fees$85 CAD
Secondary FeesAmount (per person)
Medical Examination Fee$250 CAD
Application StreamAverage Processing Time
Study Permit Add-onVaries by country