Canada-Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel - Visitor Visa
This is a special and temporary visitor visa application for Ukrainians and their family member. Applicants are exempt from government fees and they can also receive a Canadian open work permit that lasts up to 2 years upon their arrival in Canada.
About the Program
The Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel (CUAET) is one of the many special measures the Government of Canada has introduced to support the people of Ukraine. It offers Ukrainians and their family members free, extended temporary status and allows them to work, study and stay in Canada until it is safe for them to return home.
- you are allowed to stay in Canada for up to 3 years, as opposed to 6 months normally
- you can obtain a visa in as little as 14 days
- you may have the option to apply, free of charge, for an open work permit with their visa application
- there's no government fee, unless you are in Canada and need to restore your status
- you do not need to meet vaccination requirements, as opposed to other visitors having to be fully vaccinated normally
You must be:
- Ukrainian nationals, or
- family members of Ukrainian nationals (can be any nationality)
Family members are defined as
- the spouse or common-law partner of a Ukrainian national
- their dependent child
- the dependent child of their spouse / common-law partner or
- a dependent child of their dependent child
Your families can apply for their own visitor visa and open work permit at the same time as you do, if they are eligible as well.
- Quick and easy online application
- Lower cost than traditional lawyers
- Peace of mind of expert review
- $1 million in application insurance
- Secure document storage
How It Works
- 1Create An Account
Create an account and either check your eligibility, or pick an application to start. We start by asking questions specific to the visa to ensure your eligibility. This can be quick and simple, such as for visitor visas, or may require entering multiple questionnaires. If you have any questions, there are no fees to contact our immigration experts by email, WeChat, WhatsApp or by booking a call.
- 2Confirmation Before Payment
Our immigration consultants will check your answers and double-check your profile to confirm you meet the minimum requirements of a program. Only if you are eligible will we move you to the payment stage. At this time you must pay the SuperVisas fee. We are transparent in our process and pricing, and clearly list all the fees and processing times for your visa. We use Stripe for credit or debit card payment processing, which is secure and encrypted. Government fees are paid later when the completed application is submitted and once we can correctly calculate the various government fees due. It can be complicated, but we guide you through the process.
- 3Complete Your Application Online
Now, you can finish your application. There will be some "tasks", or many, for you to complete depending on your visa, such as entering your education achievements, employment history and/or dependent information. This can take time and will require answering more questionnaires and uploading of documents. Our system ensures everything necessary is gathered depending on your specific situation - preventing errors and omissions - while at the same time saving you money. Our immigration experts prepare your application so that your case is best presented to the visa officers. After a final review by you, and by our experts, your application will be submitted! You will have peace of mind that only comes with a complete and accurate application.
- 4Approval and Renewals
We will notify you when your visa is approved! We securely store your immigration documents for 7 years and will provide you alerts well before any expiry dates. Renewing visas or taking the next step down the immigration pathway toward citizenship is easy when all your immigration history is in one place. We also understand that moving to a new country can be difficult and hard to navigate. If needed, we will provide guides and referrals to our affiliate partners to help.
You’ll need the following documents if you decide to apply to this visa.
- Passport Biographic Page
- Proof of Funds
You might need the following documents based on your situation, or to enhance your application approval.
- Divorce Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- Minor Documents
- Passport Pages with Visas, Stamps or Marks
- Proof of Current Immigration Status