The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) Entrepreneur Stream is designed to attract individuals who are looking to implement a new business initiative or buy an existing business in Ontario.
The Ontario Entrepreneur stream is one of the Business Streams of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP), a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), operated by the province of Ontario. This stream is designed to target experienced business owners or senior business managers who want to live in Ontario. Successful applicants must start a new business or buy an existing business in which they participate in the day-to-day management duties.
This stream requires a significant net worth and investment on the part of the applicant. The exact amount varies depending on the location of the proposed business and the type of business:
- Inside the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) If the proposed business is located within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) the applicant must have a minimum net worth of at least $800,000 CAD. As well, the applicant must make a minimum personal investment of at least $600,000 CAD and control at least one-third of the equity in the business.
- Outside of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) If the proposed business is located outside of the GTA, the applicant must have a minimum net worth of at least $400,000 CAD and must invest at least $200,000 CAD and control at least one-third of the equity in the business.
- In the Information and Communications Technology (ICT)/Digital Communications Sector If the proposed business is in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT)/Digital Communications sector then the applicant must have a net worth of at least $400,000 CAD and must invest at least $200,000 CAD.
Additionally, the proposed business cannot be on the list of ineligible businesses.
In order to qualify, the applicant must have at least 24 months of full-time business experience in the last 60 months. This work must be in an active role, meaning that the applicant participated in day-to-day operations rather than as a passive business investor. The applicant will also have to maintain an active role with their proposed business in Ontario and must control at least one-third of the equity in the proposed business.
Interested applicants will have to provide an in-depth proposal for their business plan in Ontario. The proposed business must create at least two permanent full-time jobs for Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
Candidates for this stream must have valid language test scores showing proficiency equivalent to the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) Level 4 or higher in English. This is not required to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) but is required as part of the official application to OINP.
While in Ontario, applicants will be required to reside in the province for at least 75% of the time establishing their business.
An applicant may be able to submit an application with a business partner, but both parties must meet all minimum requirements. Only one business partner is permitted.
The advantages of OINP Entrepreneur Stream:
- There is job offer requirement
- There is no education requirement
Experienced business owners or senior business managers who want to live in Ontario can apply for this program.
Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) and How it works
The Federal Government of Canada has entered into bilateral agreements with provinces and territories (except Quebec and Nunavut) to allow the provinces and territories to nominate individuals for permanent residence based on the provinces' assessment of the nominees' ability to contribute to the economic growth and development of those provinces.
Each province and territory has its own “streams” (immigration programs that target certain groups) and requirements, selecting applicants that
- have the skills, education and work experience to contribute to the economy of a specific province or territory
- want to live in that province, and
- want to become permanent residents of Canada
To obtain permanent residence via Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), you must go through two steps:
- You must decide where you want to live in Canada and apply to that province or territory for a stream that you're eligible for. SuperVisas can help you with it in this application.
- After a province or territory nominates you, you must apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for permanent residence. The IRCC, a federal agency, will assess your application based on Canadian immigration law. If you have already obtained your nomination from a province or territory, please go to our program: Permanent Residence – Provincial Nominee Class.
Answer a few questions to find out if you'll be able to apply under Provincial Nominee Program.
Based on your answers, we will tell you what programs you may be eligible for, so be as accurate as you can.
Services provided by SuperVisas and its Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs):
- assess your qualifications for the Provincial Nominee Program.
- provide your with a checklist of information and documents required in support of your application.
- guide your through the process of obtaining required documents such as medical and security clearances.
- complete the application forms to ensure that they best show your qualifications.
- review your application package including application forms, supporting documents and Canadian Government processing fees.
- guide, provide editing comments with regard to your application.
- submit your complete application package to the Canadian government.
- communicate any government request to you and assist you in responding to any government request.
- communicate the result of your application from the government.
How It Works
- 1Create An Account
Do an eligibility check, or pick a visa, or just sign up directly to create an account. Then you can see all the documents needed, questions you must answer, and fee payments for our services and to the government. If you have any questions, it is easy to contact our sales team or to schedule a call.
- 2Eligibility Confirmation Before Payment
First you will answer a few questions to ensure you are eligible for the visa. Only if you are eligible will the payment unlock. Making payment assigns an immigration lawyer or regulated consultant to your application. We are transparent in our process and pricing, and clearly list all the fees and processing times for your visa. Read our Transparency Pledge. We use Stripe for credit or debit card payment processing, which is secure and encrypted.
- 3Complete Your Application Online
You can complete as many of the application tasks you wish before payment. Take your time. Some visas require a lot of information, which requires answering questionnaires and uploading of documents. Our system ensures everything necessary is gathered depending on your situation - preventing errors and omissions - and saving you time.
- 4Visa Preparation and Submission
Once all the tasks are completed, our experts will review your answers and start preparing your application so that the best case is best presented. Government fees are also due once the application is completed and we can correctly calculate the government fees due. After a final review by you, and by our experts, your application will be submitted! You will have peace of mind that only comes with an accurate application.
- 5Approval and Renewals
We notify you when your visa is approved! If there are any questions or rejections from the government, we will answer them and resubmit without any further fees from us. We securely store your immigration documents for 7 years and provide alerts well before any expiry dates. Renewing or taking the next step toward citizenship is easy when all your immigration history is in one place.