How do I change employers?

To change employers, you must apply to change the conditions of your work permit.

Before you apply, you need some information and documents from your new employer. What you need will depend on if the employer needs a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to hire you.

If your employer needs an LMIA

Your employer must give you:

  • a new job offer letter
  • a new LMIA number, and
  • a new contract signed by you and your future employer

If you work in Quebec, you will also need a new Certificat d’acceptation du Québec.

If your employer doesn’t need an LMIA

Your employer must give you the offer of employment number they received when they submitted your offer of employment.

Employer compliance exemptions

Some LMIA-exempt employers don’t need to submit an offer of employment. Find out how to get a work permit for these jobs.

Live-in caregivers and International Experience Canada participants have different instructions for changing employers.

이 글이 도움 되었나요?

SuperVisas는 CICC(College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants)에 등록된 회사입니다. SuperVisas는 법률 회사가 아닙니다.

SuperVisas 웹사이트의 사용은 당사의 개인정보 보호정책이용 약관의 적용을 받습니다.

SuperVisas가 제공하는 대리 서비스는 별도의 대리인 계약이 적용됩니다.

Copyright © 2022 SuperVisas, all rights reserved.

캐나다 오피스
151 Charles St W Suite #199,
Kitchener, ON N2G 1H6
미국 오피스
100 S Cincinnati Ave Suite #513,
Tulsa, OK 74103